ChaKation: Healthy Food?

Monday, October 14, 2013

Healthy Food?

Discussing malnourishment and dietary needs in past articles, opinions about health benefits of coffee change. Sugars are important. Research from prescription drug companies is assisting in finding solutions to dietary needs. There is also a correlation to ethnicity and gender.

Living in the United States, there are ancestral genetics that effect my health needs. General articles about "healthy foods" make everyone purchase similar foods. I experiment with food and decide how it effects me. Already having a fairly healthy diet, I notice when something makes me feel better or worse after not eating it for awhile or eating something in abundance for awhile.

Using information about my heritage in European countries, there are several ideas of what might make me feel better. I do not want to feel high or out-of-control. I want to feel healthy; however, with multiple ancestry, it is sometimes difficult knowing what is healthy for me.

Frequently listless, I have tried various solutions. Fish was easy to identify as not being healthy because as a Teen I became allergic to shellfish. This might relate to being English. Several people in my family eat fish. Danish eat tons of fish and shellfish. Health experts also say it is healthy. Though the United Kingdom is an island, English removed fish from their regular diet.

Milk was also deemed unhealthy in several studies. I stopped drinking it for awhile and tried out cauliflower. I felt weak after a few months and perky after drinking milk. The cauliflower has the necessary ingredient, yet it is difficult to digest.

After studies on prescription drugs, some drugs seems to be better for some people and detrimental to other people. Prescription drugs are a concentration of chemicals.

Looking around, it appears other people are suffering from the same problems. Most are able to deal with life, yet know there is something missing. Having experience with prescriptions, when the prescription is curing a disease or stabilizing a mood a person feels normal. There is no notable "weird feelings." Having to take Zoloft (antidepressant) for a several months, there was no notable difference in behavior. After the treatment was over, the Psychiatrist wanted me to take Zoloft for therapy. I began having erratic behavior: drastic changes to appearance, mood swings and quick anger. It was subtle, yet there was a reaction.

After suffering from hyperthyroidism, I researched the research about the disease. Lithium was initially part of finding the cure. Hormone treatment was better. Lithium, a plain salt, was able to cure the disease after several years.

Eventually, it was found that iodide is the nutritional ingredient for regulating the thyroid. Now I can go to the store and buy over-the-counter thyroid care, vitamins with potassium iodide or foods containing salt peter. Researching normal foods in Denmark, several foods are made from rocks.

Seeming strange to many people who are accustom to eating plants that partially prepare minerals through photosynthesis, Denmark is very cold with long winters. Several foods are made from grinding rock in powder and adding water to form a paste. These foods are not as available in the United States.

There are health store that carry foods from Scandinavian countries. However, I have to consciously go to the store and get health food bars or shakes made from these rock pastes. I do feel better.

Thyroid care vitamins also work. I also know someone who suffers from the same disease and cannot eat capsules to resolve the issue. In fact, potassium iodide makes it worse. They have to find another source of the same chemical to process according to their metabolism.

Healthy is only healthy when making someone feel better. Caffeine is important to a person's diet. Tea is popular in Asia, because it is dietary aid. There are several opinions about caffeine, yet a large quantity of caffeine is consumed daily by everyone. This is because sugars are the foundation of everyone's diet. Caffeine connects with sugar so it is less sticky and able to move through the body without causing as many clots. These clots can be in the blood as easily as in the liver. Sugar causes liver and kidneys stones. In the intestines, it slows digestion. It sticks to each other and it sticks to the walls of cells.

I enjoy drinking tea. I feel good and normal with only the side-effect of slightly dry skin and an odd leafy odor. Thinking of another food with caffeine, coffee seemed like a good alternative. I also read an article that coffee really is healthy. While it is a laxative, regulates digestion and has other health benefits, the recommendation is too high for me. A cup of coffee once a week is more than enough.

Drinking coffee for a few month, it has side-effects. It made me feel tingly, like taking cold medicine after the cold was cured. My muscles tingled. I felt light-headed. My hair was falling out. Coffee is obviously great for anyone whose ancestors lived near the equator. Coffee grows naturally in Central America, South America, Africa and Indonesia.

Caffeine is great. There must be something in the coffee bean that my body does not process. It is probably a trace ingredient, because it was not an obviously or sudden reaction. It was the only thing I have started eating in the last few months. Drinking hot chocolate made cravings for coffee go away; however, there were pains throughout my nervous system after the tingling went away.

My personal options are tea or chocolate. I will try chocolate again that most chocolates have additional sugar including natural sugar. I wish there were more options. Hopefully, the side-effect is minimal. I have eaten chocolate in the past without problems. Baker chocolate might be a good option.

People should be proactive in finding the best diet for themselves. Several problems relate to malnourishment. Notice how a food is affecting an individual. I do not like struggling with health issues. Being able to identify ancestral foods can simplify finding better foods for specific people.

Related Article
Detecting Malnourishment
Food Grade and Home Remedies
Self-Medication and You
Sugar is Healthy
Tree Lichen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion by leaving a comment.